Deb has spent her entire career in the graphic design and sales arena where she has developed a deep understanding of human behavior. This perspective has helped her excel in communication and marketing. Her talent is broad-reaching, which has enabled her to create an agency that is unique, efficient and effective. As the head of Bailey Design & Advertising, Deb is the energy and driving force that gives the agency shape. Deb works very closely with each department within Bailey Design to ensure that the quality of our work is exceptional.
Mantra in business #1: Use our belief in our talents, work ethics, common sense, creativity and communication skills to create things so full of positive energy that others cannot help but be attracted to them, benefit from them and esteem them great.
Mantra in business #2: Actions speak louder than words.
Deb grew up in beautiful historic Honesdale, Wayne County, PA and still resides here with her family. She is a proud mother of 3 grown daughters and grandmother to four grandchildren. She spends a lot of time with her amazing family and in volunteering in her community. When she is not with her family she is hiking, perfecting her “new” hobby of oil painting, biking, hiking, kayaking or working-out. It is safe to say that she enjoys doing just about everything.
Profile Brief: Deborah A. Bailey
Bailey Design and Advertising-Since 1999
President / Owner
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Vision of Advocacy Award: Safe Haven of Pike County, PA
- America’s Registry of Outstanding Professionals
- One of the Top 25 Business Women in Northeast PA!
- One of 19 finalists in the nation for enterprising women in business
SBA Northeastern Pennsylvania Woman Entrepreneur
Communicator Award of Distinction: 2 Awards—Marketing/Promotion/Image • Design/Media Kit
BOARDS AND COMMITTEES
- Board of Trustee for Lackawanna College.
- Committee person and Marketing Director: VetStock, #WeDoItForVets www.VetStockAmerica.com
- Coordinator and Committee person: Muckstock Obstacle Course Race
- Board Director: Greater Honesdale Partnership-serving third 3-year term
- Board Director/Marketing and Public Relations Committee: Pocono Lake Region Chamber of Commerce
- Board Director/Founding Committeeperson/Marketing and Public Relations Chair: The Honesdale Roots and Rhythm Music and Arts Festival—Founded 2006
- Board Director/Marketing and Public Relations Chair: The Winterlights Festival
- Board/Assistant Community Coordinator: Restoration of the Milford Theater
- Creator/Founder/Manager/Marketing and Public Relations Chair: Art Extravaganza: A portal to the Visual Arts in NEPA, NY, NJ. The Tri-State Area’s Largest and Most Prestigious Art Show and Auction Event– Proceeds benefit the Children’s Literacy Programs in Wayne County.
Connections Magazine-Since 1998
Owner / Publisher / Editor in Chief
Monthly / 18,000 circ / Free publication / Subscriptions available
Serving Wayne, Pike, Monroe (Stroudsburg), Lackawanna Counties, and the Endless Mountains, PA, and Northern New Jersey
Mission: It’s simple! To be one of the best local entertainment and lifestyle publications that people living here and visiting, can depend on, and turn to, as a resource for the great 4 season things our area offers. Visit www.connections-magazine.com for more information and complete copies of each issue.
Residence: Wayne County
Single mother of 31 years to 3 grown daughters:
Amanda, 36 (Vice President: Wealth Management: PNC Bank in Pittsburgh, PA)
Mary Margaret, 35 (Licensed Insurance Agent at Sage Investments: Honesdale, PA)
Anne, 32 (Salon specialist at Infinity Hair Salon: Honesdale, PA)
In 1999 bought the 20-year old local marketing and public relations agency worked at for 5 years, and renamed it Bailey Design and Advertising.
In 2002 bought the 3 ½ year old publication Wayne Pike Connections , renamed it, and turned it into a profitable and popular publication in the area.